Not I will be or I was... but... I AM already here and now
- Quote Archives Today's Quote
Q.M.I. Presents Derek Lamar's
Quote of the Day
- August 31 Wednesday 2005
- People are always willing to give their
opinion as to changing the world, and few are willing to face the need to
change themselves. It is always something "out there" which needs to
change as far as they are concerned and so seldom is it realized that it is something "in here" which really requires serious study. Everyone wants something. Jesus said "...believe that you have it already, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24) This is where you come in with this exercise. http://www.betterworld4all.com. Don't just affirm these words wishing that it could be true, know that in reality, that in back of time, space and change, it is true already. Change inside and your world will change with you. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
Neither did this man sin, nor his parents; but, that the works of God might be revealed in him. ~ John 9:3
- August 30 ~ Tuesday 2005
- There are no miracles. You may think you have seen or experienced a miracle but the definition of a miracle is something which happens that is contrary to the reality of our world. It must be remembered that our world and its workings are illusion and for the most part contrary to actual reality. A miracle is actually our realization of the way it really is as opposed to the dream we live under the rest of our time. If a person appears to have experienced a healing, one must understand that it is not a miracle but rather the revealing of the truth of perfect health. Disease is the hypnosis we fall prey to in our state of consciousness and the duality under which we lay prey. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
Man Is Dead! Emergence of 21st Century Mind
- August 29 ~ Monday 2005
- Look at your children. See their faces in golden rays. Don't kid yourself they belong to you. They're the start of a coming race. The earth is a bitch. We've finished our news, Homo Sapiens have outgrown their use. All the strangers came today. And it looks as though they're here to stay ~ David Bowie (Oh You Pretty Things)
It is wonderful! It is wonderful!
- August 28 ~ Sunday 2005
- Listen, listen, listen. "There is a sound of abundant rain." Even as I write, and you read, there is a sound of abundant rain in the form that you can best appreciate and understand it. "There is a sound of abundant rain," and the desert that is loaded with seed is to blossom as a rose, is to run a riot of glorious colors and perfumes, where once the wind tumbled the dry sage-bush over burning sands. Yes, it is all there; "The mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." The sound of abundant rain is at this instant audible to your inner ear. Fear not. Be not anxious. It is well --- the downpour of Spirit is at this instant upon you. ~ Walter C. Lanyon (The Laughter of God, 1941)
There's a Starman hiding deep inside
- August 27 ~ Saturday 2005
- There's a Starman waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds. There's a Starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it cause he knows it's all worthwhile ~ David Bowie
If the universe was words and the formulas were thoughts the boundaries of forever would forever be lost
- August 26 ~ Friday 2005
- "In religious experience also," writes Aniela Jaffe, "man meets himself, or rather, he meets the self. The distinction between appearance and an 'objective' reality hidden behind it calls for deepened insight and heightened consciousness." It is now, when the 'I' and the outside world are no longer so separate, when the myth of Objective Fact evaporates to reveal the vastness of things as curiously related to myself, that religion and science begin to blend. ~ Lawrence Blair (Rhythms Of Vision, 1975)
All is One and One is All
- August 25 Thursday 2005
- There is a Universal Mind, Spirit, Intelligence that is the origin of everything. It is First Cause. It is God. This Universal Life and Energy finds an outlet in and through all that is energized and through everything that lives. There is One Life back of everything that lives. There is One Energy back of all that is energized. This Energy is in everything. There is One Spirit back of all expression. That is the meaning of that mystical saying: "In Him we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17:28) ~ Ernest Holmes (Religious Science, 1932
Thought is all there is, mind you
- August 24 ~ Wednesday 2005
- Thoughts are things, so we find that different kinds of thoughts become different kinds of things. Thought is always creative; it must always create after its own type. It must always give form to something, and the something to which it gives form is not a thing of itself, because the thought that creates the form is a product of the thinker. The thinker comes first, then the thought, and then the form. ~ Ernest Holmes (Thoughts Are Things, 1967
Why? Because it is the nature of God... Spirit... Quantum Awareness
- August 23 ~ Tuesday 2005
- No one has ever plumbed the depths of either the conscious or the subconscious life. In both directions we reach out to Infinity, and, since we cannot encompass Infinity, we shall always be expanding and always enlarging our capacity to know and to experience. We do not need to ask why these things are so. There can be no reason given as to why the Truth is true. How can Spirit of Itself create a new form? I do not know. As Newton said, the fact that we are able to announce the mystery is the mystery. We do not say to the physicist who has studied and photographed the atom "WHY does it act as it does?" He knows no more about the reason for its action than we do. All that he knows is, that he has learned something of the way the laws of its nature operate. We do not create laws and principles, but discover and make use of them. Let us accept this position relative to the laws of Mind and Spirit and see what we can do wit them, rather than how we may contradict their existence. ~ Ernest Holmes (The Science of Mind, 1938)
I am Life and Life is all there is
- August 22 ~ Monday 2005
- Life is. It is natural goodness and kindness. It is peace, joy and wholeness. I live in this Life. This Life flows through me. This Life is in everyone and in everything. Therefore, I am one with all that is --- all people, all things, all events. ~ Ernest Holmes (This Thing Called Life, 1943
The Father and I are ONE
- August 21 ~ Sunday 2005
- The Mind of God is manifesting in my life. The Spirit within me is projecting Itself into my experience. Divine Intelligence is acting in my affairs. Everything that I do, say or think is governed by this Intelligence. The Power which creates and sustains everything is now creating everything necessary to my happiness. ~ Ernest Holmes (This Thing Called YOU, 1948
To look at life from both sides now ~ Joni Mitchell
- August 20 ~ Saturday 2005
- The metaphysical journey is one where you have a total outlook about your life and nothing is outside of that particular perspective. If you are a book worm, you can set aside a certain amount of time to read. But to be on a metaphysical journey, this encompasses everything you see, do and engage in. The point of metaphysics is to gain a greater understanding of yourself and life around you. This always proves to be a rewarding choice in the end. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
Looking in the mirror from both sides
- August 19 ~ Friday 2005
- I was tormented by my own personal demons but I found that my needs were always met. The voice which said: "What did I do?" combined with a sense that "there was something wrong with me", left me forever walking around the chair of life keeping me busy but never really confronting exactly what was haunting me. I finally began doing "The Work". This involved looking at myself and at my ideas. Sometimes this was personal, sometimes impersonal. In Fourth Way you learn that you do your "Work" where you are. You will find that what you need to deal with is right there in front of you at that moment if you are ready to face it. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar (Mystical Journey: Eyes Wide Open)
Truth: Something To Live For
- August 18 ~ Thursday 2005
- "There I was standing, the darkness blinding me. The silence was so deafening. There must be something someone can convey. Something to live for. Something inside that I can save. Something to live for. A light that shines despite the rain. I know it's silly, but it was killing me. The music came and changed my life. It filled the empty spot that might have died." ~ Derek Lamar (A Cellarful Of Noise: A Musical Biography of The Beatles, © copyright 1977 Derek Lamar)
Thinking less of yourself is never the answer, thinking about others is
- August 17 ~ Wednesday 2005
- By definition, conceit is "an exaggerated opinion of oneself and one's merits." Have you ever stopped to consider what our world might be like if we hadn't had people with exaggerated opinions of themselves and their merits? Most progress came because someone --- in spite of society's scorn --- invented the light bulb, the telephone, the automobile, and the airplane. In the scope of existent knowledge at the time, those people certainly had exaggerated opinions of themselves, didn't they? ~ James H. Hoke (I Would If I Could And I Can, 1980)
Look out into the darkness to discover the light of eternity. ~ D.L.
- August 16 ~ Tuesday 2005
- Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. ~ Robert Browning
- Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. ~ from the Sanskrit
- A series of coincidences become a pattern. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
Mirror, mirror on the wall, dost thou reflect the sum of it all?
- August 15 ~ Monday 2005
- "Mind is the Master Power that moulds and makes
And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes
The Tool of thought, and shaping what he wills,
Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills;
He thinks in secret and it comes to pass;
Environment is but his looking glass.
- James Allen (As A Man Thinketh)
Every little movement has a meaning all its own.
- August 14 ~ Sunday 2005
- "Et lux in tenebris lucet" --- and the light shineth in the darkness. For hours I stood hacking at the icy ground. The guard passed by, insulting me, and once again I communed with my beloved. More and more I felt that she was present, that she was with me; I had the feeling that I was able to touch her, able to stretch out my hand and grasp hers. The feeling was very strong: she was there. Then, at that very moment, a bird flew down silently and perched just in front of me, on the heap of soil which I had dug up from the ditch, and looked steadily at me. ~ Viktor E. Frankl (Man's Search For Meaning)
- In this line of work it cannot be said too much: "There are no accidents." In my circle of study this phrase was attributed to metaphysician: Lillian De Waters. But rather than a statement, it is a formula and hours of study could accompany this statement and process. However, Frankl speaks of light shining out of darkness, clearly reveals, for the esoteric thinker, that light is all there is, or truth is all there is. In the theme of "there are no accidents" one realizes that there is meaning to all events. The bird which landed and looked upon Frankl is symbolic of "Higher Thoughts". This is the symbology of birds. Land animals symbolize conscious thoughts, fish symbolize subconscious thoughts and birds which fly in the air respresent divine ideas. For Frankly this was a miracle. But for Frankl to know that he was "with his beloved" also links with the divine understanding of "Oneness" which attests to the Truth that there is no separation. In his realization of this Truth, the manifestation of the bird signified for him, a nod from God. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
The road to hell is paved with excuses. ~ D. L.
- August 13 ~ Saturday 2005
- The biggest battle we will ever fight will always be the one which goes on inside of us. Usually it is a struggle which lasts a long time, sometimes years, sometimes a lifetime, sometimes several lifetimes. But eventually we get the upper hand just when the balance shifts and we decide that the pain of staying the same is worse than the pain of change. When the change happens there is never any regret but the opposition we feel within ourselves that musters up ever fiber of stubbornness, rebellion, resistance, over-reacting, extreme obstinance, holds on to the very end until it finally weakens as that part of ourselves knows that there is no strength left to conduct a battle of wills when it is truth versus illusion. That stubbornness can be our friend when we are holding on to what we know to be true, but otherwise it is a foe who nips at our heels all of the way to enlightenment. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
Expand your scope of God and you will expand the miracles in your life ~ D. L.
- August 12 ~ Friday 2005
- Whatsoever you see God to be, that He is. Jesus saw Him as the FATHER, hence he became as the Father and arrived at the consciousness of the Giver, the Creator, the Source from which all things flowed. It makes no difference whether the mould --- desire --- is cubical, spherical, conical, it is instantly filled and takes the form and shape of that matrix, just as the air in a vase takes the shape of the vase and yet has no shape. ~ Walter C. Lanyon (Thrust In The Sickle, 1941)
To be still is to let go of the noise of distraction allowing you to know your Self
- August 11 ~ Thursday 2005
- As the Spirit of the Consciousness of the Presence of God is recognized within you, the belief of poverty or limitation of any sort evaporates. As this mist of belief clears away, you find the Kingdom of Heaven here and now. This recognition of the Spirit of the Consciousness of the Presence of God acts not as a destroyer of evil, but as a revelator of the ALL-GOOD in the ALL-NOW, and instantly brings out the reality: "Whereas before I was blind, now I can see." When it is once now to the soul it has always been now. ~ Walter C. Lanyon (Thrust In The Sickle, 1941)
- There is a Silence in which you stay every moment, whether working or playing, or resting --- consciously or unconsciously upon this Absolute Power. You are always held in that Silence --- in which place you are the Expression of God, complete and eternal. ~ John Stone Banks
- Be still and know that I AM God. ~ Psalms 46:10
The Cellular Structure of Mind is a mirror which reflects the Alpha and the Omega
- August 10 ~ Wednesday 2005
- The Cellular Structure of Mind reveals "Consciousness Compounds." These are the holographic expressions of Mind expressing the Infinite Variety we have come to know as things, matter, physicality. These combined thoughts become ideas and as these ideas take form they are perceived by us in other compound interpretations. Ultimately this continued process acts like the photo copy which generations later barely resembles its original form. The original concept is the perfect idea in Mind which we seek on a journey towards Truth. It means nothing until we discover it within. When that happens, nothing else matters. Welcome to the process of Quantum Metaphysics where a Translation of ideas brings into focus a Reality which will change your life, your world, forever. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar (Director of Q.M.I.)
My mother was of the sky, my father was of the earth, but I am of the universe and you know what it's worth ~ Lennon / McCartney
- August 9 ~ Tuesday 2005
- The statement that has been made by many over the years: "thoughts are things" shows the relationship between mind and matter and how difficult it is to discern one from the other. Ultimately it must be understood that there is no separation from these concepts and that matter simply is thought. The first concept that "thoughts are things" gave credence to the idea that consciousness had power. Not just that ideas could be powerful but that mind itself actually could have an effect on the environment. Often we look at life and only the bizarre or the absurd happenings seem to stand out because of the stark contrast with that and the everyday lives of other people. But once you really get to know people, even the most seeming boring, you will find a strangeness which operates in the "out and back" of the elements of life as you begin to perceive what they would attract based on their personal belief systems. Most people do not make drastic changes in consciousness on an ongoing basis so the spikes, if it were placed on a chart, do not show up. Most people's lives tend to flow, even with ups and downs, but even they find a comfort in some sort of pattern which tends to blend in with the otherwise chaos they operate in versus a life which is harmoniously flowing. But the person who makes drastic changes in their life, not just changes but breakthroughs, they will have patterns dissolve and new unfoldments occur and thus a peculiarity happening in their lives as opposed to others who rarely confront themselves and let go of self-defeating patterns. All of this is energy, and these thought forms become waves and particles in the flux of communication which goes on within and without. This is the world of the Quantum and the power of change. The leaps which propel one toward the Light. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar (Director of Q.M.I.)
To know tomorrow is to know it has always been here
- August 8 ~ Monday 2005
- QM21 is Quantum Metaphysics for the 21st Century. Quantum Metaphysics is an exotic term which takes an ancient teaching and upgrades the research and development of a learning process so that it can relate to the world we live in now and in the near future.
- Way 4 = Fourth Way. QMI is a Fourth Way School in the tradition of Russian mystic G. I. Gurdjieff and this means the Teaching incorporates much of what Gurdjieff taught and the manner in which the student / teacher relationship is understood and handled.
- Met 6 = Metaphysics (METaphy SIX) and relates the general metaphysics that is taught and used as the category of spiritual science being utilized in the Teaching at QMI.
- On 2 = On To as in Ontology which is the Science of Being or the Study of Being and it is this ontological approach along with Fourth Way and General Metaphysics which form the Triad of concepts that make up Quantum Metaphysics.
- The purpose in using these symbols is to bring to the forefront the ideas which encompass the scientific nature of this Teaching, the mathematical elements of axiomatic thinking, the Absolute Esoteric attributes of an intrinsic philosophy and how this is more than simply a select group of people's ideas. It is actually a level of understanding which is needed now more than ever during this transition from the 20th century into the 21st century. We are in the 21st century but most of the thinking on this planet has not changed and it is necessary for it to change in order that we can move onward into the world of tomorrow whose doorway is open and inviting us in. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar (Director of Q.M.I.)
- August 7 ~ Sunday 2005
I am often in amazement at certain Teachers in times gone by who unlocked doors for others as they themselves spoke words of "Truth" which shed light on their own path and made paths clear for others on their own journeys to discover themselves. One of those Teachers was Emma Curtis Hopkins. She had been a student of Mary Baker Eddy but rather than being an ambassador for Christian Science, the church, she continued to share the understanding of Truth, God, Self and opened new avenues for other great teachers who went on to start their own magical journeys that made history and paved the way for what has come to be known as The New Age. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
Some of Emma Curtis Hopkins profound statements, especially in 1888 were:
You are spiritual, free, wise and immortal. God is your life. You cannot be threatened with death, nor fear death, nor yield to death. God is your health. You cannot be threatened with disease or sickness, nor fear disease or sickness, nor yield to disease or sickness, ever. God is your strength. You cannot be threatened with weakness, nor fear weakness, nor yield to weakness, ever. God is your peace. You cannot be threatened with pain or discord, nor yield to pain or discord at all. God is your peace.
It is written that the Truth shall make us free, as if Truth were a mysterious working principle, capable of accomplishing our salvation from evil and danger. As if the statement of it, if it could be actually known what Truth is, were all that is necessary to lift us out of bondage. Either the statement is true or it is false. If it is true, it can be proved and will do the work. If false it will not prove, and we shall grope on in the old darkness, knowing not the way out of our bondage.
While we are outside this recognition that there is but one Mind, of which we are each a thought, there is the belief of homesickness and wandering and restlessness, even in the mind of the most prosperous and successful. Understanding is rest. Belief is restless, and the shadow of belief, body, more restless, and the shadow of belief, body, more restless still. Restless people are absorbed in thinking about their body, or some pride of the heart, or ambition for selfish greatness.
Every mind, taking up the science, is shrouded in the darkness of false beliefs that must of necessity show forth as false conditions. False conditions are the not-good conditions, whether pride and meanness of character, or neuralgia of the face. False beliefs are false states of the mind --- clouds of darkness, making the mind unfit to send forth cuing thoughts for the body, or cleansing thoughts for the character. They must be thrown out of or off the mind before the conditions will be right.
~ Emma Curtis Hopkins (Class Lessons: 1888)
To know the Truth... is to not know error... or to give it room to bloom
- August 6 ~ Saturday 2005
It might clarify things if we consider briefly the evolution of the 'treatment' idea in Christian Science. The affirmation-and-denial technique was originally employed by Phineas Quimby. On the premise that man is naturally and inherently well, he regarded illnesses as 'errors of human belief' subject to correction by counter-truths, and he undertook to audibly argue the patient out of his ailments. It is a matter of public record that Mrs. Eddy followed him in this. A higher stage of the treatment idea was reached when he undertook to make his arguments silently, in the inaudible real of thought, relying on telepathy, or thought transference. ~ Arthur Corey (The Magic of Knowing by Richard Booker, 1955)
What one believes paints the picture he calls his world
- August 5 ~ Friday 2005
God is not neuter nor is God male or female. The concept of God, and the Beingness which we refer to as God is Androgynous. God is male/female. Every act of God, the expression of God is sexual in divine nature and is androgynous. The "out and back", "yin and yang", "male and female principle", "cosmic law" are all one and the same and symbolize the perfect ongoing nature of God being God or I Am that I Am expressing Beingness to Beingness. All sexuality on earth is incomplete but moving toward the understanding of the nature of God. For most people sex is the closest glimpse of God they ever receive. God does not judge individuals and their sexual habits nor is sex a sin. Sin is the "missing the mark" of consciousness not waking up to knowing the whole truth of oneself, therefore many ideas and constructs block people from the light which is God, which is their One Self, but they are not judged and punished for their incomplete understandings of sexual behavior. However, people attract situations and suffer their own incompleteness due to their inability to cognize their True Self but this has nothing to do with God judging other people. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
I look upon the Divine Androgyne and realize the Perfect Soul of God
- August 4 ~ Thursday 2005
The West has unfortunately not yet awakened to the fact that our appeal to idealism and reason and other desirable virtues, delivered with so much enthusiasm, is mere sound and fury. It is a puff of wind swept away in the storm of religious faith, however twisted this faith may appear to us. We are faced, not with a situation that can be overcome by rational or moral arguments, but with an unleashing of emotional forces and ideas engendered by the spirit of the times, and these, as we know from experience, are not much influenced by rational reflection and still less by moral exhortation. ~ C. G. Jung (The Undiscovered Self, 1957)
To look upon oneself is to gasp, then to rejoice
- August 3 ~ Wednesday 2005
Truth is a great paradox: Only as we can be nothing, can we be something. "God is all there is, and beside him there is nothing." There is not God and trouble, there is only God. It is either God, or nothing. Which is it? Since God is good, then "only the good is true." If it is not good, then it is nothing. How long will it take to get rid of nothing? How big is nothing? To be, is Being. Being is God. Not to be, is nothing. ~ Frances Wade Gott (Science of Being, 1923)
To be or not to be is the pursuit of knowing oneself
- August 2 ~ Tuesday 2005
Mind is the architect that builds its own idea, and produces all harmony that appears. There is no other healer in the case. If mortal mind, through the action of fear, manifest inflammation and a belief of chronic or acute disease, by removing the cause in that so-called mind the effect or disease will disappear and health will be restored; for health, alias harmony, is the normal manifestation of man in Science. The divine Principle which governs the universe, including man, if demonstrated, is sufficient for all emergencies. ~ Mary Baker Eddy (Miscellaneous Writings 1883 - 1896)
Perfect health is all there is, disease is a daydream working to wake up
- August 1 ~ Monday 2005
In its early stages, transformation may seem easy, even fun, not at all stressful o threatening. We may enjoy an intensified sense of connection, vocation, freedom, peace. We use the process as we might use a tape recorder. We visit altered states of awareness as we would drop into a health club for the Jacuzzi. Biofeedback cures our headaches, meditation eases tension. An imagery technique dissolves a learning block. But all the transformative technologies also train our attention. Gradually there is a sense that we have been betraying some sort of harmonious inner universe by our attitudes, behavior, and beliefs. A realm of exquisite order, intelligence, and creative potential begins to reveal itself. Meditation is now doing us. Reality breaks though into larger, richer spaces. Now it is not just a matter of seeing things differently but of seeing different things. ~ Marilyn Ferguson (The Aquarian Conspiracy, 1980)
There are two selves we must become familiar with: the Self which is Truth and the self which is who and what we believe we are, were and will be. We must not deny facing this knowledge. We must look at it, hold it up to the Truth of ourselves, and let go of the false masks we have thought to wear during our eternal existence. ~ Dr. Derek Lamar
I AM all my thoughts which bring me to see I AM
Do you have a question? Send it to us. INFO@QM21.com
Quotes up to now... July 2005
Return To Q.M.I. Home Page ~ Q.M.I. Table of Contents ~ Return To Quote Of The Day
http://www.QM21.com / DerekLamar.com publishes online. Entire contents of this web site © copyright 1998 - 2011 Dr. Derek Lamar / Q.M.I. Quantum Metaphysics Institute. All rights reserved. For more information contact Q.M.I.
Send Us Your E-Mail: Info@QM21.com